Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Stina and Jason - The Old Lantern

One of the things that I love about shooting weddings is although many of them follow a similar outline--the bride getting dressed, the ceremony, the wedding party shots, the reception--the feeling and the mood are always different. And so are the images. People often look at the various wedding books we have at the studio and remark at the differences in style between them. I remind them that the look and the feel of the books vary because no two weddings are the same. Over the years, I've tried to create a defined "look" for my work, but I have found that, for me at least, if I let the wedding dictate what I do, the images become more true to the day. And that defines my style.

This wedding was no exception. You might remember these two from an earlier posting of their Engagement Session that we shot in downtown Burlington. Stina and Jason are both wedding photographers, so the pressure was on. But what I realized early in the wedding was that wedding photographers might be some of the best people to shoot, especially those who share common ideas on wedding photography--as Stina and I do. The great thing was that they completely enjoyed their wedding, forgot about me, and just let me do what I do best. This makes for the best shooting situation, whether it's shooting for other photographers or for anyone else. When people relax and enjoy themselves, they end up looking great on camera. I could not ask for a better shooting situation. I hope you enjoy some of these images as much as I do.






I love seeing how kids keep themselves occupied during ceremonies. This is one of my favorite Wedding Party shots yetand I wish I could have this guy in all of my group shots

1 comment:

  1. Sabin, these are all so beautiful! Stina looked gorgeous and I especially like the shot of her during the ceremony. And that wedding party shot is super fun!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete